Beautiful Dinosaur Bone Displayed in Argentium Sterling Silver


Long, slim line and amazing, this pendant is truly a statement piece.  I started with a rough piece of dinosaur bone and lovingly shaped and polished it until I knew it was just right.  I then chose an 18 gauge Argentium sterling silver sheet for the frame. I really insisted, it needed to be unusual and bold.  When it all came together, I knew it was spot on.  The back plate gives you the feel of a Mayan petroglyph and with a dinosaur bone for the stone, they literally go hand in hand.  

This pendant is displayed on a beautiful, antique patterned brass chain complete with an Argentium sterling silver closure.

Each piece is hand signed by me and I finish the front of the pendant with Renaissance Wax.  Renaissance Wax is used in Great Britain at the national galleries for preservation.

Argentium® Sterling Silver is a patented and trademarked alloy that is at least 92.5% pure silver, just like traditional sterling silver. What makes it different from traditional sterling silver is that a small amount of germanium replaces some of the copper that is usually the other 7.5% of sterling silver. Peter Johns, a professor of silver smithing at Middlesex University in England, invented Argentium® Sterling Silver in 1996.

Length of pendant – 4 1/8 inches

Free Shipping